- The Department of Forensic Medicine has provided an unblemished Academic and Medico legal service since 1986. Our Department of Forensic Medicine has the distinction of being the - FIRST to conduct Medico legal Autopsies in the whole of Tamil Nadu State, amongst private medical college (under Sri Ramachandra University)
- The department is undertaking MBBS training of students of three semesters from , in the areas of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Medical Negligence, Medical Ethics and Forensic pathology. Lectures, Tutorial and Practical classes for MBBS students for more than I00 hrs/year.
- The department has taken up post graduation course as MD Forensic Medicine since 2011 approved by Medical Council of India which is the only private medical college in whole of Tamil Nadu to achieve this. The department admits two postgraduate students per year who are trained in medico-legal works including autopsy, casualty services, medico-legal documentation, exhumation, court procedures etc.
- Para-medical students of our university and alternative medicine students from neighboring colleges are also undergo training.
- Providing services to other Departments regarding Medical/Surgical auditing with information of the Nature and cause of Death.
- The department also provides medico-legal consultancy for the general public.
- Our students of MBA Hospital Administration are also familiar with Ethics and Negligence and Medico legal work of Hospitals.
There is a well equipped MORTUARY in the department, which is used for
1. Conducting post mortem examinations.
2. Hands on training of postgraduate students
3. Demonstration of the same to the students.
4. Storage of body, on requisition. (Open to Public)
Embalming of the bodies is done, on requisition. Facility available for those brought from other Hospitals as well.
Medico legal cases
- Expertise Opinion and guidance regarding Medico legal Cases and providing evidence in different Courts of Law.
- Requisition for autopsies received all round the year and are done free of cost between 8.00AM to 4.00PM including all holidays.