Indian Commerce Association
“The Indian Commerce Association (ICA)” the oldest professional body, was founded in 1947, coinciding with the year of national independence. It was formed as the cohesive group of Management Experts, Economists, Business Community persons and Technologists etc. This strong Association was strategically formed for conducting research, training, consultancy; organizing annual conferences and publication of journal. The Aim behind foundation of association was to support the Indian corporate sector by enriching the academic arena of commerce. Today also the same object of ICA is sustained to promote research in the field of commerce and to assist in the commercial upliftment of our country.
Aims and Objectives:
The vision of ICA has been segregated into multifarious objectives which are as
1. To promote the research activities in commerce and management.
2. To organize conferences/seminars on periodical basis for enabling members to assemble for brainstorming on various issues on a single platform and develop unanimous consent on respective issues
3. To bring parity in curriculum of commerce and management at national level.
4. To provide basic analytical tool-kit for management so that scientific approaches may be used to implement commercial and managerial applications in Industry.
5. To enhance ability of practitioners for taking decisions in uncertainty by analyzing kaleidoscopic aspects of the objects and problems
6. To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas, experiences, collection and dissemination of information on business, trade, commerce and management.
7. To provide technical assistance and consultancy to organizations with the help of experts available at ICA.
8. To publish books, Journals, Periodicals etc. in welfare of academicians and practitioners at micro level and economy at macro level.
9. To undertake any other activities in furtherance of the course of the association.
President: Dr T Shiware, Principal, K P B Hinduja College, 315- New Charni Road,Mumbai 400004.
Immediate Past President: Prof (Ms) Malabika Deo, Head, Dept of Commerce, Pondicherry University, R V Nagar, Kalapet. Puducherry – 605014.
Executive Vice President: Dr. P T Choudhary, Head, Dept of Commerce, M J College, Jalgaon.
Secretary: Dr Balwinder Singh, Head, Dept of Commerce & Busi.Management, G N D University, Amritsar-143005.
Joint Secretary: Prof.Sandip Kantilal Bhatt, P.G.Dept. of Business Studies, V.V. Nagar, Gujarat.
Managing Editor, IJC: Prof. Nawal Kishor, School of Management Studies, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
(a)Executive Committee Members up to 66th Conference.
1. Dr M R Chhikara Associate Professor, Deptt of Commerce, Delhi College of Arts Commerce, Netaji Nagar, New Delhi
2. Dr N M Sharma Deptt. Of Business Administration, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
3. Prof W K Sarwade Head, Deptt. of Commerce and Mgt.,Dr B R Ambedkar Marthwada University, Aurangabad (Maharashtra)
4. Dr Debabrata Mitra Professor, Department of Commmerce, University of North Bengal, PO. NBU, District Darjeeling (WB) 734013
5. Dr K Shankaraiah Professor, Deptt of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyderabad (AP)
6. Prof R D Sharma Professor, Deptt of Commerce, Jammu University, Jammu
7. Dr I P Tripathi 2/36, Dwarika, REWA(MP)
8. Dr Rajendra Kumar Sahu Gandhi Mahavidyalaya, Rourkela
9. Prof.Jayanta Kumar Parida Utkal University, Bhubneshwar
10. Dr.Ananth M. Deshmuk Associate Professor,Dept. Of Business Mgt. R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
11. Dr.Ashish Pareek MDS University, Ajmer
12. Dr.Mohender Kumar Gupta Govt College, Faridabad
13. Dr.Vazir Nehra M.D.University, Rohtak
14. Dr. M. Muniraju Dept of Commerce, Bangalore university, Bangalore
15. Dr. K. Someshwer Rao Badruka College of Commerce & Arts, Hyderabad
16. Dr Pushkarnath Professor, Deptt. of Commerce & Management, Gossner College, Ranchi-834008
17. Dr Dharmendra K Tiwari Prof. & Dean ,PG Deptt.of Commerce, BKS University, Ara, Bihar
18. Dr Sanjay Kr Sinha Head, Department of Financial Studies, VBS Purvanhal University, Jaunpur
19. Dr S L Gupta Professor, Department of Management, Birla Institute of Technology, (Deemed University) Campus – Noida
20. Prof. H Venkateshwarlu Department of Commerce,Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500 007, Andhra Pradesh
21. Dr S G Hundekar Professor, Department of Studies in Commerce, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003
22. Dr T P Madhu Nair Dean, Faculty of Commerce, University of Mumbai,Principal, Nirmala Memorial Foundation College of Comm., Kandivali (East), Mumbai.
23. Prof J P Sharma University of Rajasthan
(b) Managing Trustee.
24.Dr Ajay K Singh, Asso Prof, Dept of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, DU, Delhi